A comprehensive survey about version control among software developers of numerous genders, sexual orientations and ethnic backgrounds yields interesting results:
git push --forceis sexy, badass and dangerous, but in a good way.
- Using rebase is sexy, too, unless there are conflicts to resolve manually. Manually reserving conflicts just kills the vibe completely.
- Those hanging out in a detached HEAD state are untrustworthy and sketchy.
- Those who only push into
masternever use condoms.
- Those who use tags for personal projects are probably psychopaths.
- Those who use Mercurial are either hipsters or grandfathers or both.
- Those who use CVS should receive additional tax benefits.
- Those who say "Git is a directed acyclic graph" never had meaningful relationships during their undergraduate CS studies.